Re: All kinds of stuff

On Tue, 19 Aug 1997 17:25:07 -0400 "Brubaker, John" <JBrubaker@AMF.com>
writes:

>Speaking of meetings, I happened to run into another list member -
>Snip!
>Anyway, I guess you didn't need to hear about all that.

Cool story!!! Very cool! Thanks for sharing!!

>I have a
>couple of questions.
>
>1)	Is it possible to swap my rear drum brakes on my 80 Scirocco
>with a
>set of rear disc brakes from an 85 Jetta GLI?  If so, do I need
>anything special?

Im sure they will fit fine. Im not sure what all is required to make the
swap work right but im sure both the spindles, the prop valve under the
drivers side rear wheel and possibly the MC need to go with it. (This is
my wild guess!!)

>2)	I've notice a slow trickle of anti freeze coming from my
>engine.
> Exactly, it is coming from one of the three discs (not sure what they
>are called) that are on the backside of the head facing the firewall.
> I understand these things are pressed in somehow. Can I replace these
>myself?  Would I need a special tool?  Should I or should I not be
>driving my car?

Rut-roh Shaggy!!
That would be the freeze plugs. They aint soposed to leak.
They get pressed in but depending on what tools/experience you have, you
could do it yourself. (I did mine but that was when I had the engine out
of the car.)
There is a temp freeze plug you could use that might or might not last
you until it can be fixed proper like.
HTH!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and