Re: general whel question

> I see pics of cars in EC all the time where the wheels are so large they
> are actually up under the front and rear fenders. How in the world do
> these wheels not rub?

     The only way I figure it is that their suspension is extremely stiff
in the rear.  I have 7.5" width rims with 35mm offset and I rub on both
the rear spring and the fender lip, granted I shaved most of the back off
I should have shaved more of the front part.  I imagine that most cars
like my own dont rub in the front for the very same reason, it can be
stiffer being that the car is heavier and the ride wont be too bad, its
just the back that will kill you if it is always full stiff.

> I see BMWs with tires stuffed up under the fenders Help me out with this
> perplexing question.

      Dont some older bimmers have wishbone suspension in the rear so
perhaps when it gets lower and lower, it doesnt necessarily get closer
to the fender lip.  VW's trailing arm is a bit more linear and hence
more problems.  That is the only thing I can think off.  I do believe
that the older bimmers offsets only differed from VW's by 5-10mm.

> On another note what was the deal with the mini-book EC had in this
> issue for guns? WTF? I thought I was reading soldier of fortune or
> something????    I am almost ready to cancel my EC subscription since
> they leave out "the personals" and the VW content (the reason I
> subscribed) is very very weak lately.

        I think they had the same article in sport compact car. It was
pretty lame, especially in EC.  Luckily this was my last issue so I no
longer have to read about vintage cars, car racing, or how to fix up
that junky volvo.  BTW, anyone know of any magazine that would have more
sciroccos in it?  I thought perhaps Max Power?  Anyone have any other
subscriptions they like better than EC?

  Andre'