Re: Emissions

...It was a trick setup
but I don't understand why they went with an 8V motor? The rules are
setup so that your car has to weigh a certain weight to cubic inches
ratio. There were honda 16V's running so why not the VW motor, which BTW
had a Motronic block (According to the Potterman.) code RV...

I have two ideas - the first (and more far out) would be maybe they
specified only single cam engines could enter - my understanding is that
the Honda 16v has a single 16 lobe cam.  This would seem like a stupid rule
to me though (and unfair).  The other is: it's been postulated that the VW
16v head is of fairly poor design, especially the exhaust ducting - maybe
they thought they could get more reliable power from the 8v head - or more
torque?  Just some things that popped into my head...   sz