Re: 16V engine rough idle

Message text written by Etrik Patricella
>Brian Hsu wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I own a 16V Scirocco here in California.  I am wondering if you have had
any
> previous experiences of rough idling on your 16V engine.  Mine has
recently
> developed rough idling, hesitation in starting (almost no power prior to
2,100
> RPM in first gear), and occasional jerk while driving at high speed.  I
badly
> need any advise.  Please help.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

>How are the plugs, rotor, cap, etc.?  If you have old plugs and stuff
>replace them, I did when my 16v was jerking and it runs nice and smooth
>now.  >

>Good Luck
Etrik<

Great advice.
When I got my 16v it ran like that.
I changed the rotor, spark plugs and the wires, old air filter to a K&N,
new motor mounts,
then adjusted the fuel mix. The problems went away. The take off is still
less than I wish but
I only have a 1.8 block (what do you want from a econo rocket?).

This Sunday there is a VW show at the Orange County Fairgrounds. What do
think? Do you want to show
up and check it out?

Doug
87 16v silver Scirocco "GTX"