Emissions

     Hypothetically speaking.  If I were converting my 16v to a full race
     car, non-street legal, would removing all emission controls be good or
     bad.  By that I mean, was the engine designed to operate in lieu of
     these restrictions, and removing them potentially do more harm than
     good.

     Also, what I am getting at is a simplified engine/engine compartment,
     no charcole canister, and direct fuel tank venting.  Taking a
     minimilistic approach what are the minimum devices needed to make a VW
     1.8 16v run great?  I grew up working on the Air Cooled VW's where all
     you need is fuel and spark.  How simplified can I go on Fuel injected
     CIS-E VW?

     BTW, I once saw a 16v Scirocco with side draft carberators.  How would
     something like this run?

     Just curious,
     -Paul
     90 Audi 90 Quattro 20v (for sale)