Re: Fuldas and more

On Wed, 13 Aug 1997 12:01:33 -0600 "kimike@burgoyne.com"
<kimike@burgoyne.com> writes:

>First experience...going on an off ramp with a SLIGHT curve in the
>rain.  The car just spins out and there I sit backwards wondering
>WTF??
>That was an 80 Scirocco, btw.

That does not sound like fun and gives me an excellent reason to never
even consider them: as I drive on wet roads around here...Greenville, SC

>> I run Continental conti-sport ch-90
>
>Oh these tires are THE sh*t!  I had them on my 89 Scirocco in Germany.
>I loved those tires..stuck like glue.  The stiff sidewalls caused kind
>of a rough ride, but if you don't mind that kind of thing...

I don't mind the rough ride at all in fact it feels a little more secure
than a smoother tire

>> I've had really know problem with them but the size I got 195-60 on
>14in. rim
>> scrubs the inside of the wheel well when I make deep turns.
>
>What's your offset?  Are they original rims?  If you take rims off
>a BMW, for example, the offset is way too low and you'll have rubbing
>problems.

The rims are the original teardrop alloys. I'm not sure what the offset
is (what do you mean offset?)

>> Ah..speaking of wheel problems...when I'm driving pretty hard and
>make a
>> hard turn to the left I feel what I think is the right tire
>straighening
>> out a bit.
>
>I had this problem on my 86 Scirocco I had.  Being mechanically
>declined, I can't really explain what it was, but it was something
>serious...get it checked soon!  It was a lower part of the suspension
>that was worn out and wobbling and about to just break off..the
>mechanic
>actually showed me the part and told me soon my wheel coulda just fell
>off.

My car is in the shop right now because I didn't have the time to put the
steering rack boots on...and I have just replaced the p.s. rack a few
weeks ago?!?!(anger)...but anyway, I called him up and he is going to
look at it and let me know what he thinks.  The only thing that I could
think of on that could be the ball joint. I just replaced the steering
rack including the tie-rods and ends and thats the only other thing that
I could think of that it could be.

Joshua
88 16v