Re: REPAIRS

david j lapierre wrote:

> I hope someone can help me !!  My 87 16v scirocco has a few problems:
>
> 1. air conditioner does not work  (pressure relief valve blew all of the
> freon out)
> 2. the heater is stuck on all of the time (regardless of the position of
> the temperature controls)
> 3. the down pipe rubs against the steering rack (will new motor mounts
> solve this?)
> 4. idles rough when the engine is cold, runs and idles fine when it warms
> up.
>
> Any input will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> David L.
> 1990 g60 corrado
> 1987 16v scirocco

To solve problem #2, look under the hood at your heater hoses while
someone in the car moves the temperature slider back and forth.  If the
cable that is attached to it isn't broken, it will move a valve lever in
the heater hose line.  The part is no more than $20 (heater valve), and
will probably be the source of the heater being on all the time.  The
ball valve wears out or breaks open.

HTH

Jim