Re: REPAIRS

     1.  Your Screwed big money to fix, can you live without AC?

     2.  Easy, pop your hood, behind your intake manifold coming out of the
     firewall should be the heater core flow valve.  (follow small coolent
     hoses if you have doubt)  The cable has most likely frozen.  Lubricate
     with WD40/Liquid Wrench, and move manually with hand to unfreeze.  You
     may have to replace the cable, what I used to do an an old GTI PickUp
     after the cable went was, turned it off in the summer and on in the
     Winter, or vaired it by hand as it is a bitch to replace the cables.

     3.  Could be passanger mount, but also flex part of exhast pipe to
     manifold.

     4.  Mine does this from time to time, could be bad Gas, water in gas, old
     fuel filter, start simple.  Run the highest octane you can.  Stay away from
     BP Gasoline it containes like 7-12% water.  I stick with Shell.

     -Paul
     87 Scirocco 16v
     87 Jetta GLI
     90 Audi 90 Quattro 20v (for sale)