Re: REPAIRS

_____________________________ Reply Separator
_________________________________
> Subject: REPAIRS
> Author:  davidjla@juno.com (david j lapierre) at TGATE
> Date:    8/7/97 2:32 PM
>

> I hope someone can help me !!  My 87 16v scirocco has a few problems:
>
> 1. air conditioner does not work  (pressure relief valve blew all of the
> freon out)

	[Un?]fortunately I don't have AC, so I don't know what's what.

> 2. the heater is stuck on all of the time (regardless of the position of
> the temperature controls)

	Hmmm, well...I don't know about that one either.

> 3. the down pipe rubs against the steering rack (will new motor mounts
> solve this?)

	OH, my car does that too...you mean that's a _bad_ thing? ;)  From what
I have heard about the 16V, this is a pretty common complaint.  C'mon,
man, it's actually really cool to have all that rubbin and bangin down
below :)

> 4. idles rough when the engine is cold, runs and idles fine when it warms
> up.

	Since I didn't answer the first three questions, I'll try to take a
stab at the last one.  My car runs like hell when I first start it up as
well.  Until I hit about 84† Celsius, it feels really rough.  I have
come to the conclusion that this annoying little habit is the result of
my non-existant oxygen sensor.  If I'm not mistaken, there's 5 injectors
that the 16V makes use of when warming up.  After properly warmed, the
fifth injector shuts down and allows the other four to do their thing
(Howzat sound everybody??).   Therefore, check the status of your oxy
sensor, and if it's gone tits up, give Mark at Adirondack a call.  I
just purchased one off him myself.  Hope that helps.

	BTW, how does the G60 fare against the 16V???  I am trying to locate a
somewhat stock G60ed Corrado to step up to the line against me.  I think
that the 158 hp and all those luxury features will not be able to match
my little 16V.

jason
87 16v