Re: Water pump replacement idea

On  7 Aug 97 at 21:15, Paul Hanley wrote:

> Has anyone tried this? I may have to soon, so if I do I will post
> the results. I have done it the timing belt removal way more than
> twice, so I can easily compare the two.

Well, I was gonna try this today.  Brad (the guy with the 2.0 16V
that I went to Portland with yesterday) and I tried to change it.  We
were at his sister's house, less than optimal conditions and not the
full array of tools.  We intended to use the very procedure you
mentioned, but we only got as far as trying to get the bolts off the
pulley.  2 of them stripped, so we had to stop till I get new bolts.
We'll try again maybe tomorrow at Brad's house where we'll have a bit
more resources :)

Rick
hugacub@whidbey.net
Richard.Lackner@entex.com