2 seater Scirocco MK1

i was eating lunch and looking outside at the new stock car from the
side .  The door posts are cut out of it and the cage moved way back
so its easier to get in and out of but it looked almost like a 2
seater. So I was thinking and figuring with my tape measure and it
would be possible to cut approx 10" from right behind the door, along
the top of the rear seat bump. This would put the rear wheel arch
just behind the doors and the trailing axle mount just in front of
the rear seat bump.  I would not cut through the roof, just cut up to
it and then cut backwards along the edge of it.  Then when the
section was cut out and put back together, the roof would overhang on
the back and i could cut that off (also allows for more strength).

The car would have a roll cage for more strength.  I would cut out
the spare tire hole and drop a fuel cell in there, with the fuel pump
and accumulator down there cause there wouldn't be a spot for the
normal tank. I would just have to cut 10" off the front of the rear
windows (i'm not sure how hard that would be to get done).

pros
-great handling (shorter wheelbase)
-lighter weight
-originality

cons
-are you crazy?!?! you want to do what?!?
-could look real dumb
-cost, (can do welding myself but that costs too)

if anyone has seen this done, please let me know.   if you have a
scanned picture from the side that you could delete the 10" and see
what it would look like.  i'd like to know opinions.
i've found the donor car for $250 with a good body and it runs so
maybe I will start this winter (after I finish my G60 16V)
Ben
bbeacock@uoguelph.ca
'81 Scirocco-S 16V G60
'81 Scirocco-S 1.8L Carb stock car