Re: AC Compressor & Stuff

SHAWN C MEZE wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Aug 1997 23:41:55 +0800 "Rick Lackner"
> <hugacub@mail.whidbey.net> writes:
>
>  There are. One is the ugly square Yorx compressor. the other is the
>  nice, compact round unit. The one I have in my Scirocco is the
>  square one and the spare compresor is a yorx as well.

The ugly Yorx compressor in my '83 Rabbit GTI would freeze meat in just
a few minutes of operation. It worked just as well with no repairs up
until a truck turned the car into Rabbit Stew last year :-(

The pretty round compressor in my '88 16V Scootin'Scirocco is, well,...
pretty, I guess, but only cools the air some.  System needs fixin???

'Course, in other than AC terms, my sweet 16 kix ass over the GTI, and I
dearly loved that VWascally Wabbit.

Roccin' Ron
'88 16V - "The sunroof in this is also superior to the one in my ...
'83 Wrecked Wrabbit GTI", either of which are vastly superior to my ...
'88 Vanagon (Almost total lack of ventilation)"
--
ÍøÍ ©ø© ÆøÆ •ø•