Re: AC Compressor

At 14:01 8/6/97 EDT, you wrote:
>Then he tells me that its Oregon state law that you cannot pump your own
>gas. He didnt say why but we did end up laughing about it and naturally,
>I tipped the kid when he was done pumping my gas for me.
>The family watched the whole thing from the restraunt, they didnt think
>it was so funny.
>So, if anybody knows why they have that law, id like to know why. I will
>note that even with paying for "Mini Serve" gas, the price was still less
>than anyplace I had payed in California pumping it myself! CA sucks.
>

>Shawn Meze

Maybe Oregon has found an answer to unemployable McDonald's rejects?

Bet you CA gas is expensive 'cause of the air quality laws...

My own story about gas station attendants - once I had a '61 Bug - the gas
tank is under the front hood, which is held up by this funky toggle prop.
You have to lift the hood slightly before it will release.

The kid at the pumps fills my tank. I am standing there, having opened the
hood and the gas cap, because I DO NOT want him trying either, or trying to
close the hood. He fills the tank. I put the gas cap on, and as I am
reaching for the hood handle, he decides to 'help' and SLAMS the hood.

Broke it right in half at the side seam. (No, I did not kill him!) At least
the late modle VWs no longer have THAT problem...

Chuck Kuecker

ckuecker@mcs.net

'83 Scirocco (new paint!)
'58 Ghia Convert