Re: Primer sanding

> 	Todd, I was told NOT to wet sand primer.  The reason being that the
>  primer will soak up the water.  It then causes surface rust on the
>  body.  Then again maybe it depends on what type of primer your using.
>   HTH!

You're right, it depends on the type of primer. Hopefully you have started by
covering the bare metal with a conversion coating (the zinc in the convrsion
coat bonds with the surface of the steel and inhibits rust) and then a
primer/sealer of some type to prevent the rust situation you mentioned. After
that, spray on the primer/filler (if necessary) and wet sand that, follow by
sealing the whole thing and then shooting on the color.

Todd