Re: wheel bolts

On Wed, 6 Aug 1997 15:13:49 -0400 joshua14@juno.com writes:
>how tight should I torque the wheel bolts in...ft. lbs.? ( It shows it
>in the Bentley's, but I'm at work and don't want to wait until I get
>home.)

I cant find my Scirocco manual. In my GLi manual it shows the notched
wheel bolts being torqued to 81 ft lbs.

>I dont't want to overtighten...but, I don' t want them to come off
>which they did just recently.

I just use German Torque on mine. Dont go crazy with the torque and you
should be ok. Then again, ive been torquing wheel bolts for a long time
now and I've got a pretty good feel for how tight they should be.......
HTH!

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi