Re: AC Compressor

On Wed, 6 Aug 1997 09:47:51 -0700 (PDT) "A. Bjorkheim"
<andreb@u.washington.edu> writes:
>    I hear that in Oregon you cant fill your own gas.  Yeah, I want
>some idiot 16 year old filling my car only to get gas on it when he
takes
>out the nozzle.  I am kinda touchy about those things  =)
>
> Andre'

Heh, yah, its not funny but I had a little incident while making a pit
stop there on my way to Seattle last year. We had stopped to gas and eat
so I dropped off the family at the restraunt while I went next door to
get gas. As im pulling up, there is about 5 cars in one line nearest the
station and -all- of the other pumps are open. Odd I thought but
whatever, right. So, as im pulling up, instead of seeing the regular
signs like, "self serve" and "full serve" islands, I see "Mini Serve".
WTF? Wierd but whatever. I pull uo, get out, open the gtas cap and this
kid runs over and says, "Ill pump it for you!"
I say, "no thanks kid, I got it".
Again he says, "no, no, I'll pump it for you". while hes reaching for my
hose.
Again I say, "no thanks kid, I pump my own gas, thanks."
Then he gets kinda shitty and says, IM gonna pump it"!
So I grab him by the colar and hold him up against the pump and get right
in his face to make my point very clear, You are NOT gonna pump my gas
and if you dont go away you WILL get hurt!

While this is going on I see movement to my left. Its the station manager
running over screaming "Whats going on!".
So I tell him.
He looks at my car, then the licence plate and says, "your from
California, huh?"
Then he tells me that its Oregon state law that you cannot pump your own
gas. He didnt say why but we did end up laughing about it and naturally,
I tipped the kid when he was done pumping my gas for me.
The family watched the whole thing from the restraunt, they didnt think
it was so funny.
So, if anybody knows why they have that law, id like to know why. I will
note that even with paying for "Mini Serve" gas, the price was still less
than anyplace I had payed in California pumping it myself! CA sucks.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and