Re: questions and statement

On Wed, 6 Aug 1997, David Holm wrote:

|3. my rear windshield wiper no longer functions, could that be the
|classic wiring problem

The problem I had w/ mine was in the steering column w/ the actual wiper
arm. Simply take off the steering wheel and look closely at the little
metal tabs on the right side of your column that touch when you pull or
push on the arm to activate front/rear wipers. Mine were covered in gunk
and corossion. Use a swab, or even a scrap of sandpaper to clean these
contacts off. While you're in there, it's probably a good idea to clean
off your intermittent wiping contacts, too.

~C

  Christopher Mende        ICEMT @ Iowa State Uni
  Home: (515) 292-6658     Office: (515) 294-6738     "One, two, three!"
  bayern.me.iastate.edu    www.icemt.iastate.edu