Re: Temp Gauge Light

On Tue, 5 Aug 1997 20:25:21 -0400 "eric c ragot"
<eragot@tiny.brooklaw.edu> writes:
>	I'm having an interesting problem with my 1.8 8v. When I hit a
>hard bump in the road, it must be a sharp bump that makes you wish you
could
>avoid it - kinda like expansion joints, my temp light will flash for 3-8
>seconds. The temp is normal, and the sending unit is working (I
>cleaned and disconnected to verify). I also checked and cleaned the
connection
>for the cylinder head temp guage, it is clean and unbroken. None of the
>wires from these two sending units is shorting out to the block.
>	So, my question is thus, what causes the temp light to blink?
>I doubt the head is reaching impermissible temps because it only happens
with
>vertical movement of the car.

I had a similar thing happening on my 81.  Whenever I went over the
train tracks (many times everyday)  the light would blink.  I found
out that i just had a tiny worn spot on the wire coming off the
sensor.  Put some electrical tape around in and hasn't blinked since.