Re: 82 Rocco Oil Temp Guage......

If the oil is too hot then the coolant must be too.

Whats the coolant temp? Put a thermometer in the coolant and run car at an
idle until the fan comes on.

I just fixed my buddies 16v golf that had a simular problem acording to his
MFA read out.

The fan wasn't coming on till about 240 degs. So we flushed the coolant
replaced the thermostst with an 87 deg Cels one, put in a 85/93 deg cel
fanswitch, and filled the cooling system with a 60/40 mix of Sierra
antifreeze.

We retested the therometer test rinning at a cool 195 deg F. We then went two
steps further by changing the oil and useing 20w50 Castrol Synthetic Blend
and added Water Wetter to the cooling system.

We then beat the car bad the oil temp never rose above 230deg and the coolant
never rose beyond the the LED on the coolant gauge.

NJScirGTX
formerly Mainely vw
Steve Toughill
84 Scirocco GTX
88 Fox
" I'ts great to be back in NEW JERSEY, there is no place like home!!!!"
GREAT TO BE BACK TO THE LIST TOO