AC Compressor

I purchased a '83 Scirocco from a guy at Christmas who had lost his job and
needed x-mas money. He had raced the car for a year previously. It has a JH
1.8 bored, ported and polished head, and god knows what else done to it. I
replaced the straight pipe with a supertrapp system. It is a ball to see the
guys in the 'stangs slip down in the seat as I blow by them!
I would like to remove the ac compressor system but the altenator is bolted to
it. Any ideas?
	I am also having trouble removing the dip stick tube.(Wrong size, have the
correct one)
The paint is faded but the int. is a perfect black leather,(Dash too) and the
car has 81,000 miles on it. I paid $600.00 for it .

Thanks for your help

Carl