Re: Just out of curiosity...

Jason Brunberg wrote:

> Hey volks!  I was talking to a fellow vdubber the other day who told
> me
> that with height-adjustable suspension on a vw, one must alter the
> alignment every time the height is changed.
>
>         I don't feel that this is correct.  Wouldn't it be a simple
> matter of
> straightening the alignment out on your most favoured height (such as
> 2" drop), and then having some extra camber on any lower settings?  Am
> making sense?
>
>         C'mon, straughten me out so that I can look like I actually
> know what
> I'm talking about!
>
> jason
> 87 16V

Nah!  You don't need to change the alignment after changing the ride
height.  That would be ridiculous.  You know what you're talking bout
Jason (unlike most people I know around here =).  The ride height does
nothing to the angle of the wheels.  The only reason you'd change it
would be to get more grip but that's the same with any suspension
setup.  I still haven't done my alignment on my 16v because I marked my
eccentric bolt and the alignment is perfect still!  I've changed the
height many a time too.  Sheesh, imagine if I had to get an alignment
every time!  Damn, I'd be pissed.
Josh