Re: Suspension Settings??

On Sat, 02 Aug 1997 01:51:00 -0400 Etrik <webmaster@pure-research.net>
writes:
>Now that I have front struts again (yes it was that bad) I was
>wondering how ever one else sets theirs, stiffer in the back,
>matched, etc.??  The struts are Tokico BTW.
>
>Later
>Etrik

It all depends on what your gonna do with it. If your just gonna drive
around town, then full soft all around is in order. On my car, I like
about 1/2 turn in the front to cope with the race springs. The rear is
full soft. At the track its full firm rear and the front depends on the
track. I try to set it firmer (1 full turn) and adjust back to soft
depending on how it feels. I usually end up with full soft when I race as
well. Now, if I have some cargo with me, I set the rear at about 2 turns
which is a low/medium setting.
Drive around with it at different settings, see what you like. The
Potterman likes full firm all around all the time on his cars. Its
preference.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi