7" vs 8" wheels (long)

Here's one for all you auto-xers.

I recently purchased a set of MRT 13" x 8" wheels for my 84 Scirocco DSP
auto-xer.  The car used to hace a set of 13" x 7" reveloutions.

With the reveloutions on the car was really fast.  I've beaten Raliegh
Boreen with it a few times (usually one of the fastest VW's at nationals)
With the new wheels on the car sucks!  A buddy of mine purchased Raliegh's
car and now I run against it every weekend.  I bought the new wheels
hopeing to gain an edge .

I've done everything I can think of to make the car work.  The problem is
that the car doesn't in a corner.  Before I could control the direction of
the car by throttle position & left foot brakeing.  The car rotated very
nicely. Under power the car would pull into the corner.

With the new wheels it always has a push.  I also can't get the tires to
roll over to the area where they need to be.

Here is a list of the old & new setups

Old
13"x 7" reveloutions with 225/50-13 bfg R1's
Front pressure - 32 lbs
rear pressure - 28 lbs
front camber - neg 2? (all I can get)
fron toe - 1/8" out
shocks front/full soft - rear/full hard

New (this is the best I've found so far)
13" x 8" MRT (1/2' more offset than the rev's)with 225/50-13 bfg R1's
Front pressure - 22 lbs
rear pressure - 16 lbs!
front camber - neg 1.5?
fron toe - 3/8" out
shocks front/full soft - rear/full hard

With less camber the tires roll to close to where they need to be, but they
do not have an even temperature across the suraface.  The old set up had
very even temps & tire wear. I keep lowereing the front pressures bu I'm
getting nervios at how low they are getting.

Any suggestions woul be appreciated.

Alan