Re: Frankenstein experiments redux

i respect your opinion, but any stock vw 8v engine with a turbo
conversion can overtake a jap junk like the eclipse.  I see them all the
time.  You can buy a vw turbo kit for the price of one of those engines
and their modifications to put them inside a vw chasiss or you can build
your own for less money and probably would run faster.  8v vw's are
strong, durable, and have a lot of hp and  torque potential. This is a
list of turbo vw's i've seen(some are street cars other's aren't):
MODEL         ENGINE          1/4 MILE TIME
83 GTI        1.8 8V             13.8
84 GTI        2.0 8V             12.4
80 RABBIT     1.6 8V             15.2
81 SCIROCCO   1.7 8V             13.7
83 GTI        1.8 8V             12.3
FOX           1.8 8V             13.3
90 CORRADO    1.8 8V             14.7
DATSUN FASTBACK  VW 16V ENGINE   11.0
TOYOTA STARLET VW 2.0 16V ENGINE 10.2
REAR DRIVE

AND TURBO DOES NOT HAVE TO BE THE LAST RESOURCE.  TECHTONICS AND ABD
HAVE JETTAS, RABBITS, AND PICK-UP RABBIT'S RUNNING IN THE 12'S WITH ONLY
ASPIRATED ENGINES. SO, DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THE CAPACITY OF A VW
WATERCOLLED ENGINE

Benton Yoshida wrote:

> I think the big block V8 swaps into Scirocco's might be a little
> impractical but how about other motors, like the turbo mill from the
> Eclipse/Talon/Laser?  Not sure if those things have their motor's oriented
> transversely or longitudinally but they should be able to provide around
> 200HP of factory reliable ponies out of the box with a slew of bolt-ons
> available.  Might be easier to find than a G60 set-up to boot.  Not
> thinking about doing it, just a glass of scotch in hand, shoot the breeze> kinda conversation.  b--------

jOrgE gUErrErO