Re: Eibach Springs

> This will be first time i have posted after lurking in the dark for the
> past 3 months so....be gentle, Anyway enough about prom, a friend of
> mine has a 89 Cabriolet and he replaced the stock springs with lower
> eibach springs and those tiny donut wheels that stick out about half a
> foot. So his car looked very much like a white rollerskate anyway hes
> married now and gone are the wheels and off came the springs which in a
> fit of peer pressure i bought for 20 bucks, my question being this, will
> they fit on my car? And if so i wont have to anything with the shcoks or
> struts will I? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Nice price! you won't know if they fit untill you remove a strut,
take it apart and try the new eibach spring. I't might work if the
89' cab uses the same type of strut your car does. My Koni's wouldn't
seat correctly in the stock vw strut on my 16v so I had to use the
spring, and top cap off the koni to get it to work with the stock
strut....why i'm usign a stock strut and koni spring/topcap/bearings
is a long story but it works for now untill i get a change to twap
the parts back to the complete orig strut assembly.

Ryan
'87 16v Sirocco
'86 8v Corraco