Re: Eibach Springs

> This will be first time i have posted after lurking in the dark for the
> past 3 months so....be gentle, Anyway enough about prom, a friend of
> mine has a 89 Cabriolet and he replaced the stock springs with lower
> eibach springs and those tiny donut wheels that stick out about half a
> foot. So his car looked very much like a white rollerskate anyway hes
> married now and gone are the wheels and off came the springs which in a
> fit of peer pressure i bought for 20 bucks, my question being this, will
> they fit on my car? And if so i wont have to anything with the shcoks or
> struts will I? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

They'll fit no prob.  ALL A1 one chasis cars can swap ALL suspension
components except for the upper strut tie bar which differs between 8v
and 16v (as I just found out.)  Swaybars, shocks, strings, stressbars,
bushings, bearings etc...  For $20 you can't go wrong but I would
DEFINATELY get a new set of shocks.  Stock shocks will make you hate the
springs.  The ride is so bad.  Actually I drove on blown Boge Turbo Gas
shocks, not stock but still the stock valving would be terrible on stiff
springs.  Good luck,