Eibach Springs

This will be first time i have posted after lurking in the dark for the
past 3 months so....be gentle, Anyway enough about prom, a friend of
mine has a 89 Cabriolet and he replaced the stock springs with lower
eibach springs and those tiny donut wheels that stick out about half a
foot. So his car looked very much like a white rollerskate anyway hes
married now and gone are the wheels and off came the springs which in a
fit of peer pressure i bought for 20 bucks, my question being this, will
they fit on my car? And if so i wont have to anything with the shcoks or
struts will I? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

shannon
"that d@#n red VW"