Re: Rieger kit install questions

> I am planning on ordering a Rieger Evolution GTO kit for my '82
> Scirocco.

Where are you ordering this from? get a Quote from Jeff at EAS before
you buy from anywhere 1-800-WIDEKIT, drop my name.

> After seeing a picture of the kit parts, it looks like the
> fiberglass work shouldn't be as difficult as, say, a Zender Z400
> Widebody requires.

This made me chuckle...I've seen the zender kit..and believe me ..the
Rieger is a lot more work. You have to chop your strut towers, modify
your front bumper core supports and a few other things to get it to
line up.

>The 2 front fenders are bolt-ons, the door skins fit
> over the the entire door up to the windows, and the rear quarter-panel
> covers everything up to the A-pillar.

True, however you have chop a major section out of your rear q-panel
to allow for the wider tires and reduce weight that the kit adds. And
don't forget about the front and rear bumpers..those are hell to get
on right.

> It seems to me that the 'glass
> work is pretty straightforward.  The only hard part would be fitting the
> rear wing...or am I wrong?  I'm not an expert or experienced, but I have
> tried to do my homework.

wing is the easiest...slaps right on the top support off the rear
q-panels. Also dont forget about wiring the corrado fog lights, a new
gas cap install and door handle install.

As far as the glass works go..I hope you have access to a GOOD
glassing shop as there are tons of mold inperfections that need to be
filled, scratches to be sanded out..I mean the kit comes rough as a
piece of concrete..then you have to decide if you want to cut out the
rear air scoupe and fit a mesh cover.and the front bumper slots also.

As soon as I go buy a camera I will be diocumenting my progress as
my kit arrived yesterday beat to hell from a buinch of f'ing idiots
at Roadway..I get to fill out a $1,000 claim form for the damage they
did to the fiberglass...

http://accomp.com/~ryan/scirocco.html

> I have a web page, and plan to post the progress of my project.  Will
> post it if anyone is interested...

shoot me your url.

Ryan