Any personal opinions on K&N?

Just the other day I decided to play the Shadetree Mechanic, and I
chopped some beautifully circular and symmetrical holes into the lower
half of my airbox.  I don't know if it made much of a difference in
acceleration (if it did, it's all in mi mind).  Although it does have a
nice growl from 4000 up to the redline.  I am considering inserting a
K&N filter into the box to help the flow a little more.	So, whaddya
think?  Do K&N filters suck, or do they rock?  Why?  Personal opinions
are greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  You guys are great.  BTW, is there a
limit to how many questions I can post?

jason brunberg
87 16V (it doesn't suck.  it rocks!)