Re: Follow up for Air filter caught on fire

Message text written by Shawn C. Meze
>Right, there is plenty "consumable fuel" there, (paper, maybe raw gas,
even
>some blowby oil.) but there has to be a source of ignition to get the fire

>going.
>Hmm, im still skeptical on this one......
>Shawn

I am with you Shawn on this. I have never seen a fire happen without some
kind of ELECTRIC spark or HEAT with a fuel to burn. A small leak in the
fuel line could be the source of a fire with a spark but up the air pipe???
He said he just had a tune up. When the air filter was put in the injector
lines do get moved arround. Could he have dropped something in the box? I
would like to know why. If the airbox had holes or the hose was off the
heat could have been in the compartment. I hope This does not happen to my
car.
Doug
87 16v Silver Scirocco