FYI: Splitfires (fwd)

Dammit, this is a lie.  I love my splitfires.

Mannix

     From elsewhere on the web comes this copy:

     SplitFire Settles FTC Charges:....The owners of SplitFire
     branded spark plugs have agreed to settle Federal Trade
     Commission charges that "economy, efficiency and improved
     performance claims were false or unsubstantiated"  ...An
     agreement with the FTC bars the company, splitFire inc.
     (Northbrook Il.), controlled by Old World Trading, "from
     making deceptive claims about fuel economy,
     emissions,horsepower, or cost savings...(and) will be barred
     from misrepresenting the results of tests, studies or
     research and from misrepresenting testimonials"... the
     agency alleged that the company "did not possess and rely
     upon a reasonable basis to support the claims,  that  Split
     fire's claims that
     surveys confirm gas mileage increases were false; and that
     SplitFire did not have a reasonable basis to claim that
     (its) testimonials... reflect the typical or ordinary
     experience of customers..."
FYI:  Splitfires