Re: '84JH/'87PLengineSciroccoGTi

At 11:15 AM 4/26/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Otherwise, I need opinions concerning something else. (list isnt shy about
>that...) What would you do w/ your Scirocco (or other) if you
>were leaving the USA for at least one year? {cant take it w/ you}
>Many advance Thanks, Paul  -it finally stopped raining!

Well, if *I* was leaving fora year, I sure wouldnt let any of my family drive
the car. (Too fast, and they're all unskilled drivers.)
So, your either talking about having it stored someplace, like a private
garage or depending on whats available, leaving it in somebodys back
yard/driveway. Something like that. For storage of 1 year, if I couldnt keep
it inside (Preferably) then id at least get a GOOD car cover. (its gotta last
a whole year) id do the typical fluid top offs and maybe even replace my
wheels with some junk wheels. Id put it up on jack stands, just off of the
ground and possible add a little fuel stabalizer. (I believe they make this
product for mobil homes/RV's.) If possible, have somebody start the car once
or twice a month, if not disconnect the battery and put it in the trunk.
HTH!

Shawn