Re: Fwd: Need advice (engine swaps)

Solh Zendeh wrote:
 I'm considering the 2.1 for my 87 but I'm wondering how much the
> short block will be - I wonder if anyone has an idea of the price, anyone?
> Also, I've been told that you should go for a cleaned up head and free flow
> exhaust at the very least or you may be disappointed with the result of all
> that hard work.  Anyway, good luck, and let us know what you're doing and how
> it progresses - I'm sure many of us would like to know. sz

Rehi Sohl,

Well, I've snagged a 2.0 bottom end and the jokers in town said they'd
have to port/polish the head by hand since the closest Extrude Hone
doo-hickey is in Cali.  Guess I'll go home to Los Angeles to get it
done, these idiots are pissing me off!  While I'm there, I was planning
to have Velocity open up my throttle body.  I know my bottom end will
suck but hey....I've got to run from the law somehow :).  As to when
this will all transpire, I haven't a clue...time is tight at the job but
I'll keep you updated.  I also wanted the 2.1 set up and I may go that
way but I'm not sure.  Depends on what parts I can hustle in LA :).
Later!

Steph