Re: 1.8 1.6 head question

> A couple of my friends and I were talking and I am curious to know if
> a 1.6 head will fit on a 83 1.8 block.  Another question is, does the
> 1.6 head have small openings for the intake manifold?  It'd be great
> if anyone knew the answers!
>
>                                       Jay
> '80 Scirocco 8v
>
> Check out the Watercooled VW gallery...
>              http://idt.net/~volkswgn
> --
To make things clear for everyone,  a 1.6L head does not fit on a
1.8L,  and vice versa.  the oil return is much bigger on a 1.8 block.
And a 16V head  doesn't fit on an 8V 1.8L either for some reason that I
forget (i think its the pistons).  But a 1.8L hydraulic and 1.8L
solid lifter are interchangeable, as is the 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 heads.
Ben