Re: 1.8 1.6 head question

1.8L heads fit 1.6L, you just have to modify it.  But the 1.6l head
won't fit the 1.8L head and is not worth it because the valves are
smaller.
A 16 valve head on an 8v block can work. the only thing you have to do
is to notch the pistons like the 16'v(any machine shop would do the
work), and you will have a perfect engine for turbo 8:1 compression.

Ben Beacock wrote:

> > A couple of my friends and I were talking and I am curious to know if
> > a 1.6 head will fit on a 83 1.8 block.  Another question is, does the
> > 1.6 head have small openings for the intake manifold?  It'd be great
> > if anyone knew the answers!
> >
> >                                       Jay
> > '80 Scirocco 8v
> >
> > Check out the Watercooled VW gallery...
> >              http://idt.net/~volkswgn
> > --
> To make things clear for everyone,  a 1.6L head does not fit on a
> 1.8L,  and vice versa.  the oil return is much bigger on a 1.8 block.
> And a 16V head  doesn't fit on an 8V 1.8L either for some reason that I
> forget (i think its the pistons).  But a 1.8L hydraulic and 1.8L
> solid lifter are interchangeable, as is the 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 heads.
> Ben

jOrgE gUErrErO