Re: Fwd: Need advice (engine swaps)

FREE41@aol.com wrote:

> I currently own a 77 scirocco and I am trying to make a decision on what type
> of  engine setup to go with.  I thought about a G60 swap,but I'm thinking
> with that engine no longer in production replacement parts such as the
> supercharger may become scarce and expensive in the near future. I think my
> best options may be a 2.1 16v or as ridiculous as it may sound a VR6.  If you
> guys had the car and the cash what would you do?  Thanks.

>From all I hear the VR6 Swap really isn't a good one except for drag
racing your VW. The 2.1l 16V sounds really awesome if you have the
money. This is the stroker engine I saw in EC from Eurospec or what?

At least you are sticking with something that more closely belongs in
the scirocco that way. This should give you PLENTY of power too. The
deminsions are about the same or the same I think too. Whats the HP
rating on this motor? In your super light scirocco this would be
awesome.

Did you consider putting your 16V from your '87 in there and really
going crazy with the  '86 16V maybe the 2.1l for it? Personally thats
the car I would want to modify but if your just looking for the lightest
car then the older rocco.

--
Kevin McGrath
http://www.pelican.net/~kevin