Re: 16V Antenna Wires....is 3rd wire for power?

On Wed, 23 Apr 1997, lee wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> The 16V hasn't fried an ICM in two weeks thanks to a new distributor, yipee!!
!! ....my thanks to all who sent hints on dealing with the failures.

> I'm installing a radio and after referring to the wiring diagram in Bentley I
'm not sure of the function of the individual black wire coming from the antenna
.  The diagram suggests that it is a power line for an amplifier in the antenna
 assembly. Do any of you know if this is its function?

That is correct..you have an amplified antenna...

> If it is a power line for an amplifier, is it possible/desirable to drive it
 with the Power Antenna Control connection on the receiver or should I use another switched power line?

No, you got it...run the power antenna line from your receiver to that
wire...

> TIA,
> Lee
> --