16V Antenna wires...is 3rd for ampilfier power?

Hello all,

The 16V hasn't fried an ICM in two weeks thanks to a new distributor, yipee!!!! ....my thanks to all who sent hints on dealing with the failures.

I'm installing a radio and after referring to the wiring diagram in Bentley I'm not sure of the function of the individual black wire coming from the antenna.  The diagram suggests that it is a power line for an amplifier in the antenna assembly. Do any of you know if this is its function?

If it is a power line for an amplifier, is it possible/desirable to drive it with the Power Antenna Control connection on the receiver or should I use another switched power line?

TIA,
Lee