Re: Best plug for 16v Scirocco? Dyno figures? 0-60?

At 06:08 PM 4/23/97 -0500, Shawn C. Meze wrote:
>At 09:25 AM 4/23/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>>After you get the cap off, get a grip and give it a good tug or two. It
>>>should just pull right off.
>>>HTH!
>>>Shawn
>
>>   The rotor on the 16v is glued to the dist. shaft. It has to be broken
>>(carefully) with a pair of pliers to remove it. The shaft should then be
>>cleaned of remaining glue and fresh adhesive used for the new rotor. I
>>suppose the glue is used due to the horizontal mtg. position.
>>                                             Gerry
>Doh! My bad. I didnt realize we were talking about a 16V rotor........

>Shawn

In my experience, most rotors are not glued on; I pulled mine off my 16v two
nights ago w/out any prob. Yes, it takes a little muscle, but its a pressure
fit and its directional. Before destroying one, Id rec gently/strongly pulling
on it. Whether or not it should have been glued on I will soon discover.
Found out my no start problem wasnt the coil as Id originally thought- now I
believe it may be the ignition control module. Tomorrow Im getting a multimeter
but will have to wait until the torrential rains dissipate. Dammit.
Until then I ride my roadbike... Hey does anyone know if it matters to use
an analog
or a digital meter (DOM?)?
Also, to whom I forget asked, Yes, I did check my timing belt- first thing.
Blahhh
Paul