Response to 88 16v 2.0 Rocco

Hello All,

    I have recieved a ton of mail asking me about the 2.0 in my 88 Rocco 16v.
 I bought the car three years ago with the engine already in it.  I paid a
high penny for the car since it was in great shape.  The girlfriend of the
guy I bought it from told me that it had just recently had 2400.00 worth of
engine work done on it.  So maybe he went up to a 2.0.  Anyway, I drove the
car for three years and never had a problem with it (the whole car).  In one
of my past entries I shared my sorrow over selling it to my best friend who
promised to sell it back to me when I could afford it.  I am hoping to cash
in on that promise in the fall or next spring.  Right now I am a college
student in the midst of a internship and I am flat broke.  I just hope I can
get it back soon.  The longer I read the list, the more valuable the car
becomes to me.  So if anyone new comes on the list with a 88 16v 2.0, please
keep quiet on it until I can buy mine back.  You never know, it could be him!

PS  Even my VW mechanic asked me about it when I brought it in for its yearly
tune-up.  He didnt tell me if it was euro or american (the 2.0), he just said
it was sweet, and to keep a close eye on the chain and head.

Thanks again!
Jeff
Amigo82@aol.com