Re: Exhaust Rattle at idle

Mute0@aol.com wrote:

> Hey all
>
> Does anyone know what mat be causeing an sounds which I am presuming is
> comming from the exhaust? It sounds like its comming from the back of the
> car, maybe the muffler. Its a metallic rattleing sound that occurs mainly at
> idle and below 3k rpm. Any ideas appreciated!

It Could be your cat, I just had to replace mine (110k miles on it).
My tuner put a high-flo Collins Cat as a replacement.  It
complements the TT exhaust nicely, although it is much louder now.
It is unfortunately bigger than stock, so it is now hitting
the stress bar a little bit.

Dan
87 Scirocco 16v