Re: Exhaust Rattle at idle

On Tue, 22 Apr 1997, VanAm wrote:

> > Does anyone know what mat be causeing an sounds which I am presuming is
> > comming from the exhaust?
>
> 16V, right?  My tailpipe used to hit against the '16V' rear spoiler.
> Did you check that yet?  Another possibility is the annoying heat
> shield rattle.
>
> -Mike
> 89 Scirocco Scala

I would also check the hangers holding your rear muffler - mine are pretty
stretched and occasionally the exhaust will rattle against the rear axle.
If you were missing a hanger, I imagine this would happen more than
occasionally.....

----
"Doin it to you in 3D, so groovy that I dig me."
 			-George Clinton