ignition modul

I was wondering if i can use the cable harness and electronic module of
a 8v scirocco or rabbit when installing a 16v engine in an A1 chasis.Let
me explain, 16v's have knock sensor, a lot of cables going to the
ke-jetronic comp. and elec. module, and the ignition with pick up coil
on the side of the 16v head.  I am swaping a 16v engine on a rabbit, but
i am not going to use the ke-jetronic injection.  Can I plug the cable
from the rabbit module(just change the terminals) to the 16v ignition
distributor.  I don't want to use the knock sensor.  The stock knock
sensor although is good for preventing pinging, it wil go crazy under
great amount of boost.  Yes, I am installing a turbo.  If anyone can
answer me this questions please reply.
--
jOrgE gUErrErO