Re: VW vs Honda (I didn't want to add to this, but couldn't help myself)

Kyle D Binney wrote:

> I have no problems with hondas, as long as it isnt mine.  in fact honda
> makes so pretty nice cars, handle great, nice power with that 12v.

I have no problem with Hondas either but I have a problem with these
claims. Handles great. Compared to what? Nice power? My roommate has an
'87 Civic Si and its SAS. Funny story my little brother has a '86 Honda
Civic hatchback which he destroyed. (not the hondas fault) He just
smashes into garbage cans and whatever else might be in the way. His
bumper is held on by bungie cords and the car is just totally falling
appart.

I talked about letting him drive my '84 GTI 16V untill I might need it
(it's my 3rd car) when its finished if he would just pay 1/2 of the
mechanics labor for the swap. He asked me if it would be faster and
handle better than the civic. I laughted so lound you wouldn't believe
it.

That Civic would have probobly been a good car, but he just destroyed it
and all of his friends who thought they were stereo installers probobly
have every electrical component fried as well...

In summary
Hondas are good cars but most of them are slow, boring, and handle like
grocery carts. I did drive a Vtec Del Sol that was pretty sweet though
it had all the sway bars strut tie bar etc... though

--
Kevin McGrath
http://www.pelican.net/~kevin