Re: VW vs Honda

I have no problems with hondas, as long as it isnt mine.  in fact honda
makes so pretty nice cars, handle great, nice power with that 12v.  the
problem is everything is a real pain when it breaks.  I looked at the
rear suspension of my exgirlfriend mother's 89 accord LXi, wow!  more
control arms and supports comng from every angle.  look a a VW rear
suspension, so simple and yet it handles as good as a honda or better
with springs and shocks.  look at the motor, ours are pretty simple and
perform well.  now look at a 12v, good stong motor.  try to adjust the
idle.  my friends 84 accord has something like 40 vacuum lines (honest)
and a separate chart to tell where they go.  you have to pull apart so
much stuff to get to the idle adjustment and air fuel (his car was
running rich).  I'll adjust my idle and mixture with a screwdriver and
3mm allen in a couple minutes.  simplicity makes a VW great.  By the way,
my friend with the 84 is looking for a 16v GLi now, he understands after
driving my car.

Kyle