Crank shaft seal, fun!

I am in the proccess of replacing the clutch side crankshaft seal.  I
have the housing off and the seal in place.  The problem I have is
how do you know when the seal is strait, in the housing?  Is there
some special "crankshaft seal housing" tool?  Are do you guy get
around this or does it really not matter if the seal is strait?

                                      Jay
'80 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v

Check out the Watercooled VW gallery...