Re: !@#!*@! Road Sand!!!

At 3:21 PM -0600 04/16/1997, James A. Gardiner wrote:
>FIrst of all, don't drive too close to cars in front, or to the road
>sander trucks (I'm not saying you do, just be sure you don't)  Sand, small
>stones, and salt spray get kicked up v. easily.

I wish (and I am sure Rich does too) they used sand and small stones here.
Fortunately, no salt.  See, here in *Boulder*, they truly live up to the
image created with the words "Boulder" and "Rocky Mountains."  The stuff
they put on the road is ridiculous, almost marble sized.  It is almost
scary, watching these rocks hurtling toward the windshield (you can see
them) - I've seen passengers "duck" as they brace for impact.  Frightening.

>How do I deal with it? In Mass. they use a sand and salt mixture, so I put
>a really good layer or two of wax on the car before winter.  Then wash and
>rewax the car depending on how bad the weather is.  As for the windsheild,
>can't help it.

Right.  I'm from MA originally.  Not as much of a problem with getting free
sandblasting service from the state, but the rust.....

Mannix (Rich - 6pm at the Mountain Sun sounds good to me!)