Re: Request for comments - list change

> Message text written by Kevin Wenzel
> >Greetings -
>
> I'm strongly considering changing the name of the list from the > Scirocco mailing list to.... the A1 Volkswagen list.

I've read through all the responses to this line and every single
response made a good point, both pro and con.  Saying that, I would like
to keep it as the Scirocco list because:

1) I own a Scirocco.  I understand that the mechanics in "guts" of the
car are practically (or literally) the same as other A1's, yet, I own a
Scirocco.  I like other VW's (I think we all do), but I love my
Scirocco. Everyone on this list loves their Scirocco, that is why they
joined this list, and for the ones that may not own Scirocco's, well
they have the since to know that our cars are alike...

Anyway, I don't want to bore everyone.  I like the way the list is and
after checking out the other information areas (lists, vw.auto.makers,
etc.), this list is the best anyway.  There are not thousands of posts
hitting, it is mainly performance minded (this is very important to me)
and we have a common bond related to our Sciroccos.  I know it can't
hurt to have more input, that is a great thing, but I don't think we
need to change the name to do this.  I believe the people who will be
interested and want to join this list most likely will be referred by
someone who is already a member.  They will have an idea about what this
list is about and make the decision on their own whether they want to
subscribe or not.

Oh well, I could go on, but won't.

John
80 Scirocco S