Re: AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Jason,

Assuming you have the equipment, literature, tools and the balls to do the
job, you're always better off dirtying your own hands.  I guarantee you'll
come across ten little things in the process which may or may not need
replacing, and it's always better if you make the decision about whether or
not to repace little stuff on the way.

Chances are, you're not just going to replace the clutch.  Of course, if you
have a mechanic who you trust, and know will take care of your car well, you
can save yourself a lot of trouble.  Usually, jobs like this end up consuming
an entire weekend.  I always start on a Friday night, so I can make that
horrible trip to the dealer on Saturday to buy the odds and ends I'll need to
finish the job.  I always replace nuts and bolts on the way with equivalent
stainless steel ones - makes the job much easier the next time.  Don't be
afraid to use anti-sieze compound (in sparing amounts) on nuts and bolts
which get cranked down or exposed to a lot of moisture.  And, of course, all
the usual disclaimers about turning down the surface of the flywheel and such
apply here.

Good luck!
-- Mike