Re: Saveiro87, VW do Brasil

The Saveiro is actually a Fox (Voyage in Brazil, Amazon in Europe, Gacel
in Argentina) pick up truck. Just imagine a Fox wagon without the roof
from the B-pillar all the way to the back. The Fox comes in four
different body styles in Brazil, each one with a different name:
hatchback (Gol), sedan (Voyage), station wagon (Parati) and pick up
(Saveiro). The engine sizes are 1.0, 1.6, 1.8, 2.0 and 2.0 16v. All of
them have 5 speed transmissions and no automatic (like the Fox) because
we Brazilians hate automatic cars. This range of cars havs been the best
selling cars in Brazil for a long time. The station wagon has been the
best selling wagon for more than 9 cionsecutive years. Just last year
they sold more than 46,000 station wagons while the second best selling
wagon sold only 9,000! The Saveiro Pick up truck, the Gol hatchback and
the Voyage sedan are also best sellers. All of them are the favorite cars
for all boy racers in Brazil. It is very common to see the Brazilian
Foxes tuned with 2.0 engines, twin carbs, turbos and nitrous systems. On
local drag racing venues it is common seeing those VWs beating
Chevrolets, Fords and Fiats (other brands of cars made in Brazil). Other
cars that VW do Brasil makes are the Santana Sedan and Wagon (a smaller
Passat), the Pointer (Ford chassis & supension, VW engine and
transmission), the Kombi (the old VW bus, shaped like a loaf of bread)
and the Fusca (the old faithful Beetle). VW do Brasil is also the only VW
factory in the world that makes medium size trucks (like those Hinos and
Isuzus) and buses.

Anyway, back to the Scirocco....
--Ren
If I was to act my own age, I wouldn't be myself
http://members.aol.com/senomar/ren.htm
redepisa@juno.com    or    senomar@aol.com